Wednesday, December 7, 2011

moving mountains.


  I stumbled upon this picture while finding creative ideas for the holidays. Though this isn't much of a holiday gift idea, nor something I would really make, I think the saying is thought provoking. My guess is that this would be a saying that parents would display in their little girl's room to encourage the bright future that would lie ahead. It is a parent's dream for their kids to do something worthy of talking about. I am no mother but from having parents I know the joy it brings them when I accomplish something or in other words "move a mountain." I want to move mountains. I want to be someone that makes a difference and does difficult things. I imagine that when I was small my parents let their imaginations run wild with the dreams that they had for me to bring to fruition. Great ambition is captured in this small frame.
  Many of us know that life comes fast. Unexpected is the name of every street I have chosen to turn onto. I strongly believe that what is waiting around the corner, though intimidating, gives us opportunities to show character and strength. Groundbreaking scientific cures and profound literature certainly make a name for themselves, but what about the smaller accomplishments? Even a small mountain takes much effort to move. This may be a bit of a ramble but the roots of my thoughts sink deep. For the glory of the Lord, I want to move mountains. I want the Lord to say of me, "Let her sleep, For when she wakes, she will move mountains." It would be the highest honor for the king to say this of a daughter. Maybe one day I won't settle for climbing up the rocks, but rather move the foundation. 

Currently Listening: "Put the Lights on the Tree" By Sufjan Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment