Wednesday, December 28, 2011

hope.

  There is a piece of something that we all carry in our hearts, even more so when times get tough. This treasure possesses the ability to keep us waking up each day. It makes no sense for us to walk into a mess. When things seem to be perfect in life, why would we choose an opposite path? We must believe that there is something greater that the Lord wants to accomplish. And He does want to accomplish it. The Lord would never take His children through something that would be to their detriment. If we are choosing Him and wanting truth, we will be blessed by exactly what we need.
  We were given hope in Christ: A promise of a savior to change the course of our fleshly lives into the pursuit of a real relationship with God. If we would allow Him, the Lord is able to fulfill each and every desire of our hearts. As humans, hearing this could mean that if we love God then we just get everything we want. If I have learned anything lately it is that when we pursue the Lord our desires become more like His. I may not receive everything the way I think I want it, but it is helpful to know that He is listening regardless. I read over some of my recent journal entries made. In reading, I discovered some requests I had asked of the Lord and soon forgotten. It was a blessing to see that those small things just written with a bit of hope are actually coming to fruition. It is true that we can trust the Lord. He has written our story long before we could hold a pen.
  I might know what I need today. Potentially, I could give you an estimate of what I would like or need in a year. But the Lord, in His grace, knows what will fulfill me for eternity. Though I have no choice but Him, I choose Him. His mercy is new every morning. I know that only through having to lean on it. A life with Christ may be the hardest, most challenging, tear-creating, and rough path that you could ever choose, but don't let that scare you. Choosing Christ means choosing life abounding in love and peace. It gives us the supernatural ability to trust others. It stirs us to overcome troubles that we encounter. It encourages us to keep going. He loves us and wants to give us the desires of our hearts.

Currently Listening: The dog that my parents are debating whether to keep or not.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment