Thursday, December 22, 2011

almost here.



  With only a few more days until Christmas, stealing away some time to just write is difficult. Today I was able to craft together two more of my own gifts and even help my brother with some creativity of his own. For a season that we want to last the longest, it flies by. In about a week, decorations will come down, the tree will lose just enough needles for us to say goodbye and the the most wonderful time of the year will come to a close. It happens just like that. We seem to wait so anxiously and furiously for something to begin yet before we know it it's over. 
  Trying to enjoy Christmas while we have it is my goal. Older people always tell us that years go by faster once you start to grow older. I don't think I have quite felt that way up until this year. In some good ways the season has approached and continued swiftly. Last night after a trip to the grocery with my parents, I began to make some Christmas treats. To my heart's delight we turned on "White Christmas" and at least some of the family was around to enjoy the tradition. 
  The reason for the season brings me such encouragement. Christmas became a holiday because of a savior being brought into the world. I joke about Christmas miracles sometimes, but if I can't be more cheesy, Jesus was a miracle that saved each and every one of us. Saint Nicholas was a nice fellow that gave children gifts, but Christ saved our lives. A red suit and presents over the years has overshadowed the manger tucked away in a barn. Though the season may get hectic and at times I might find it hard to catch my breath, I always want to take time to thank the Lord for the gift of His son. 
  I am so thankful for the presence of the Lord in my life. I learn more each day of how much I can trust Him. Merry Christmas! 

Currently Listening: "Christmas Time is Here" By Charlie Brown Christmas Soundtrack

No comments:

Post a Comment