Tuesday, January 10, 2012

walk on.

  "You know there will be days
 when you're so tired 
that you can't take another step
The night will have no stars 
and you'll think you've gone as far
as you will ever get

You and me, walk on, walk on walk on
'Cause you can't go back now"


  We are weak vessels made from dust. We carry no weight but vapor yet at times we try to carry the weight of the world. I am a guilty member of this party, as most of us are. Trapped in thoughts of times when things were easier or good keeps us from reaching better. The lyrics above are from a song by The Weepies. I relate to the simple composition of their words. I have seen days that have little hope, but I keep going. Even when we think we are at the end, we can make it further, by grace of course. The sooner we realize how little we can do on our own, the better off we will be. You and me. Whoever I might be speaking to at this moment, I know that you can keep going too. 
  In my weakest places I have found the greatest strength, because in those places I had to rely on my faith in the Lord and not myself. He will meet us. His arm is never too short. 

Currently Listening: "Can't Go Back Now" by The Weepies


No comments:

Post a Comment