Tuesday, January 31, 2012

faith.

  So after a long while of not writing or having a thought to scribble out, I came across this quote today, "Faith in God means Faith in His timing." Possibly, on a normal day I would look at this, think it was encouraging but then move on. Today I am clinging to the fact that when I trust in the Lord that means with everything and in everything. I can't choose to partially give my life to the Lord. I have to give it all. In moments of weakness or just the flesh I forget so many of the promises that He gives us in His word. "He works all things together for the good of those that love him and are called according to His purposes."  Romans 8:28. Even if we find ourselves in the middle of a trying journey, he promises us that we will not only get through it but it will work together for our good. He is a loving father. He wants us to trust Him with everything that is within us.
  Just yesterday I found myself talking to a friend at work. I think at times God puts us into a conversation to profess what we have learned and be able to see his goodness. I was the one encouraging her to pursue the Lord and give relentlessly to Him all that she even wants or desires, because He will take care of her. "The gifts and callings of God are without repentance." Romans 11:29. If the Lord has given you something, or even called you to something specific, we can give everything over to Him with faith that if it is ours then He will not withhold whatever it is from us. Psalm 84:11 tells us, "No good thing does the Lord withhold from those who walk uprightly." We can trust Him. We can wait on Him.
  I say all of these things but as I am writing I have to believe these words myself. More each day I have to release and give and wait. I have many desires and wants and dreams. There are things I have hidden in my heart and asked of the Lord. He sees and hears it all.

Currently Listening: Nothing at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment