Friday, November 18, 2011

diy christmas trees.


  It's that time of year again. The time when stores are bustling with people and Christmas music fills the mall. My mom brings up the boxes stuffed with decorations and in just a few hours our house turns into a  picturesque holiday home. My favorite part has always been the tree. I would say that if it was the only decoration I had, I would be pleased. It's the smell. It's the light it brings to the room. It's the moments of family sitting in the dark with the fire crackling, enjoying a cup of coco while watching the illumined tree glow. It warms my heart. 
  In the coldest season of the year, I seem to be the warmest. My parents have always done a wonderful job at making this season a magical one. Not one Christmas do I ever remember being disappointed. Whether we were making cookies, shopping, decorating, or just being together, something was there. It's a something that brings us all together. Many years my heart thought it was just "Christmas." But more than that, it is the season that we celebrate the reason we have unity and life. If it weren't for a manger, this season, which we all love so dearly, would cease to exist. 
  More this year, I have been wrapped in thoughts of wanting Christmas to be perfect. I can find such fault in placing so much emphasis on that idea. I just want to be with my family. I want to be with the people I know have been there every year. I want to celebrate life and the gift of the most wonderful family I could have asked for. The likelihood of Christmases changing over the next few years is real. 
  I have been given a better gift than what I open Christmas morning. I get to love on the ten, and now eleven, people that were placed in my life. It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Currently Listening: "You are Emmanuel" by Truth (My family's traditional Christmas album)

1 comment:

  1. Now we just need to live together so that we can decorate and sit every night in front of that fire. I love you and I am so glad that last year was as amazing as it was. Every year is so different and it take a true seeker to see the joy in every season.

    ReplyDelete