Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Hosting.


   On Saturday, one of my classes took a trip to The Cloisters museum. Typically I am the one who is traveling an hour across the island to get to class, but this day I took the train a few stops North to a bit of paradise. Fall is upon us, if the Starbucks advertisements and Instagram photos have not already clued you into the matter. The leaves have started changing and the view from the West Terrace of the museum was beautiful. 


   Being so close to the museum, I decided to invite a few ladies back to my apartment for brunch. I was excited to host. Jason and I realized that since moving into our apartment in May, we have yet to host many gatherings. Before I knew it, four ladies turned into eight. The group of us travelled back down the subway and on to our local wine shop and grocery for the rest of the essential brunch items.


   As a natural introvert, hosting can tend to be an overwhelming task. Though in this case I feel like the morning unfolded pleasantly. My friend Kayla poured the mimosas. Meredith chopped the veggies and the beautiful photos are credit to my dear friend, Alex. Playing hostess kept me from capturing sweet moments that passed, but I am ever thankful for the helping hands and company. It was a beautiful morning full of stories and laughter. I realized that a home becomes more home-like when it is lived in. I have more memories in every room of my little apartment--I look forward to making many more. 


Currently Listening: "Brandy Alexander" by Feist

No comments:

Post a Comment