Thursday, October 6, 2011

concentration.

  Who knew that buckling down and finishing homework could take so much work. Honestly, there are so many things that I could be doing that I would enjoy. Not to mention the fact that people, the internet and thoughts whisk me off to my fairytale land of creativity. I realize more and more that this lack of discipline, or concentration, not only shows up in my school work but in many other areas of my life. Even the wonderful ideas I have of creating, painting, making music, etc. are set aside just for the excuse of wasting time. I want to be more diligent. As most anyone knows, this trait can only come with practice. I liken it to friendships. Although at this point in time there aren't many that I can compare this to, but it's true that you only get out what you put in. Our fulfillment of joy is only present when the reward of our efforts are seen. I want to complete a novel that I have been working on for months. I want to paint a canvas that I am pleased with and enjoy. I want to find the words to the melodies that float about in my mind daily. I could find a downfall of almost anything that I choose to do. What's hard is I know how much greater the hard work will feel once completed. I presume this is just another fight with flesh that we must overcome. Possibly more of a scheduled week would help with this problem. A solution is hiding somewhere. I'll find it.

Currently Listening: "Holocene" by Bon Iver

No comments:

Post a Comment