Tuesday, September 13, 2011

coffee.


  A morning necessity that frequently accompanies the breakfast table. Pumpkin spice lattes are back on the menu at Starbucks. I am holding out for the perfect autumn-esque day where I can sit outside and sip to my heart's delight. The days cannot get colder any quicker. There is something sweet about enjoying a cup of warm coffee and I don't just mean the sugar that disguises the bitter bean. Maybe it is the company that usually goes along with the beverage. A cold day warmed by a cup in hand and the conversation of friends rarely has a substitute. This could be added to the list of reasons that fall is awarded the best season in my heart. A smidge of hope rises up in me every time I walk out my front door the morning that separates August from September. If the South is lucky, a crisp air will cause windows and doors to open throughout our house. The excitement of a new season seldom loses its joy.

Currently Listening: "I Disagree" by Act of Congress

No comments:

Post a Comment