Sunday, September 25, 2011

autumn.


  It turns out that autumn in Georgia ends up feeling much more like a mild summer. The mornings have a refreshing breeze but soon after the sun rises into the sky the warmth engulfs our Southern peach state. There have been some very nice days that are more than comfortable to sit outside and enjoy the breeze but also a few that make me want to resort to shorts and a t-shirt.
  I am enjoying being content. I am working hard to find the reward in the more thought-provoking or frustrating things in life. Many days I wish I could be Mrs. Fix-it and create perfect situations of how life would work out. After I finish day-dreaming, I realize the kind of responsibility that would rest on my shoulders if I were to attain that job. Working at fixing me, I think, is responsibility enough. I don't always have the right reactions nor say all the right things, but I am learning; learning not to be selfish but more so think of the people around me first. I reckon the world would be a much more pleasant place   that way. 
  I feel like the need for grace grows daily. It's an overwhelming feeling when I realize there is enough.

Currently Listening: "Someone Like You" by Adele

No comments:

Post a Comment