Tuesday, July 12, 2011

va highlands.




  A sweet morning with nothing to do lead me on a surprise trip with my sweet boy down to the Virginia Highlands. We began the day with breakfast at the Highland Bakery; a chocolate croissant was shared over coffee and conversation. Making a to-do list of exciting things to do in the "one-day" trip to the big apple stirred an appetite that only a decadent feast of eggs covered in hollandaise sauce would suffice.  The meal: delicious. The Company: could not be any better. 
  The rest of the afternoon was spent snickering at silly greeting cards and adoring small boutiques. A favorite of mine would be the "Urban Cottage." The store was owned by a vintage buyer that also repurposes old furniture into unique treasures. It took much will to make it out without spending a sum. The hope would be that I would create my own pieces that would enable me to tell others quirky stories of findings and finishings. An end to the trip came about with a trip to Ben & Jerry's to cool off with a sweet treat: coffee and chocowlate ice cream shared  along with a pomegranate smoothie. 
  A day of looking at things I think I want but would never need ended with the true prize that was holding my hand.

Currently Listening: "Everlasting Light" by The Black Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment