Thursday, June 5, 2014

summertime.

   
    Apartment hunting is on the horizon as Jason and I plan to move up to the city. I can hardly contain my excitement to reunite with a place I grew so fond of last year. It was an intimidating decision, first moving up there, but it took no time for me to fall in love with NYC. I think there is something within each person that conditions them to almost instantly fall in love with the fast-paced nature of New York or find themselves in utter disdain for any portion of the concrete jungle. Luckily, I fell under the former category and loved every minute of my time in NYC. 
   The scary thing about finding an apartment in the city is how close you get to your move-out date before actually looking for a place. The normal time-frame is about three to four weeks at the earliest to have a serious offer on any option. Another factor is that we live in the South, way down in Georgia. Hunting from afar is not ideal, but is currently the predicament we find ourselves in. 


Early in our dating, Jason and I went to the Highland Bakery and thought up fun things to do in New York if we ever went. Who knew that we would eventually live there for an extended period of time? Fun to look back on some of these moments.


Contemplation: Does it really take a few minutes for sunscreen to "soak in" or is that just another thing our mom's told us when we were little? This is one of those things that I never questioned when younger, but it came to my attention just yesterday that it may not be 100% accurate. 

Reading: Currently tearing through The Fault in Our Stars  due to that fact that I am going to see the film with a friend Friday. For some reason I would like the real story behind this movie before seeing it. Needless to say, I got the book yesterday and I am over halfway finished.

Obstacle: A summer cold. This does not seem right or fair, but I seem to have contracted a cold somehow and have suffered the compiling side effects since last Thursday. Cough drops. Tea. Sinucleanse. Repeat. 

Something Overheard: At the pool the other day, a mother was observing her daughter's newly acquired swimming skills and I overheard her say, "Girl, that is not swimming. That is drowning with style." Not the most encouraging thing to tell a six year-old, but I found the comment amusing. 


A precious building in Chelsea, New York City. One of my favorite neighborhoods to frequent.


Currently Listening: "Not a Bad Thing" by Justin Timberlake (Yes, it is true.)

No comments:

Post a Comment