Thursday, April 7, 2011

pancakes.

  Due to my parents traveling to the Sunshine State for their anniversary trip, my older brother, sister and I have been left here to focus on school work, maintain a good work ethic, but mainly fend for ourselves. Our ages range from eighteen to twenty-five so the prospect of us surviving is rather high. We all drive. We all have jobs. We all are self-sufficient as far as school work is concerned. The problem boils down to food. Meals over the past six days have consisted of toast, toast with peanut butter, egg-in-a-hole, cereal, taco soup, and one meal from Chick-fil-a. Semi disappointing I would say.
  I awoke this morning with the feeling that I needed to have a more satisfying meal. Maybe something I concocted out of the remains of ingredients and treasures in our kitchen. To the lazy susan I went. The first item I saw was syrup. Not to much surprise my taste buds immediately began to beg. The only problem then was to find the recipe for pancakes. An entire bread section later, the recipe box gave no hint as to how I was supposed to make this morning meal. After a call to my mom, a text to my sister and a small scare from the scarce buttermilk, I was heating the skillet to enjoy a cooked meal; an endeavor, to say the least, but a reward. Fluffy pancakes filled my plate as I thanked the Lord for the meal set before me. 


Currently Listening: "Sparrow & the Wolf" by James Vincent McMorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment