Sunday, October 30, 2011

apres diem.

  After a less than successful day of doing nothing but working on music, Jason and I headed down to midtown for dinner with his sister and brother-in-law. "Hob Nob" is a restaurant owned by two Turkish brothers with quite the American menu. An interesting appetizer made with poutine and chicken gravy held our stomachs over until it was time for our meal. The sun falling caused the air to become brisk, but the choice to sit outside in the fresh air was perfect.
  Jason and I chose to get some warm drinks after dinner and it just so happened that a French cafe, "Apres Diem," was only a few blocks away. I enjoyed drinking my first hot chocolate of this cold season, sitting at a table with my boy. Just to add to the sweetness of my drink, my favorite flower, a gerber daisy, was in a small vase at every table. Strange techno and pop music came from all of the speakers, quite contrary to the mood of the cafe. Close to the end of the evening, a few guys arrived performing some smooth jazz music that made us wish we had arrived an hour later.
  It was a good evening. One that is needed. I feel like we were blessed with relaxation just not when it was expected. I have been learning more and more that life is more of the unexpected than the expected.



Currently Listening: "I Miss You" by Incubus

No comments:

Post a Comment